White Tank Mountains

White Tank Mountains
Sunrise on a Stormy Day

Sunday, February 4, 2007

My Very First Blog

I'm excited, nervous, not sure of what I'm doing, but determined to learn.

My purpose here is to communicate with other people who love living in this beautiful state, or want to live here and own a home on acreage for animals. Horses are my animal of choice, but I also love dogs, sheep, cows, chickens, turkeys, & Ginnie's, and have had all in my care at one time or another.

I grew up on a ranch in New Mexico, and, much of what I am today, I learned there. I believe in being honest and fair, giving a days work for a days pay, never pretending you know all about something or someone. I believe that judging a book by its cover is a huge mistake, it's not worth owning a gorgeous horse that will hurt you, and nobody likes you if you track turkey poop into a fancy beauty spa.

I've been selling real estate since I got my license in Colorado in 1972 except for a couple of years when I did real estate finance. I had my own United Farm Agency in Logan, New Mexico for 4 years and sold lots of residential properties around Ute Lake and a few ranches ranging in size from 40 acres to 5,000 acres. Since 1986 I've been here in Phoenix and most of that time I've lived on and specialized in selling homes on acreage. I don't pretend to know everything about anything, but I know more about selling real estate and what you need to care for horses than anything else.

At the present time, I own 6 horses and board 2 so I'm well acquainted with mucking stalls; the price of hay here in the valley; Veterinarians that are never on time, but leave you sighing with relief that your horse is not permanently lame ,and holding a receipt equal to a months rent in your hand; and who you can depend on to feed if you have to meet a client.

I'd like to hear from anyone out there in Blogger Space who has the same interests and/or questions about my way of life.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Hi Myra! I just read your comment on the ePRO module 4 about your blog and I thought I would check it out. It looks great! I too have a blog through Blogger, actually two. I just finished "Realty Blogging" a couple weeks ago and liked it alot. Make sure to submit your blog to all the blogs he has listed in the back index. I am already listed in some major search engines via these blog sites. Also, read "Blogging for Business" and "What no one ever tells you about Blogging and Podcasting", both by Ted Demopoulos. While not directed soley to real estate blogging, they have been very helpful at making me understand the business benefits of blogging and how to do it better. Some words of advice, 1)you need to add meta tags to your html in blogger so that search engines better index your site, not to mention changing your Title as well. If you do not know how to do this, write me and I will be more than happy to walk you through it. 2)oh, and make sure you are adding posts all the time. if readers see you are always updating the site with info, they are more likely to come back or link to you, or better yet, subscribe to your feed. 3)do not be afraid to let anyone comment on your blog. just choose the "moderater" option which makes all posts come to you first for your approval. Your goal is to get comments and links from other readers and not everyone has a blogger account, so if you open it up, more people can respond. I hope some of this helps. Just keep with it! Visit my blogs http://MinneapolisLuxuryRealEstate.blogspot.com and http://MinneapolisRealEstateBlog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Terrific blog spot! Very informative and I like that you have said personal things about yourself so people can see what a terrific associate they can work with! I love the pictures! They look so relaxing and this page is so down to earth!

Latte' and Bambi

Latte' and Bambi
Brother & Sister Born On Our Farm

Mario Orozco & Hope

Mario Orozco & Hope
Great Trainer & Great Paint Filly